"Gâteau au yaourt" (Yogurt Cake)
A kid can do it ;-)
Every French family knows how to bake a Yogurt Cake !
Ingredients (Serve 4/6)
- 1 vanilla yogurt (one cup)
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cup caster/white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cup Standard Grade flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease the pan with butter, then dust it with flour.
- Stir the ingredients in this order:
# vanilla yogurt
# baking powder
- Pour the cake batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Test for readiness: Insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then remove and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.