"Baguette Tradition" Express
- 375 g standard grade flour (about 3 cups)
- 8g salt (about 1 ½ teaspoon)
- 300ml of warm water
- 4g of dry yeast (about 1 teaspoon) (it must be dissolved)
- In a bowl, pour flour in a large bowl salt.
- Mix a little bit warm water with dry yeast (it must be dissolved)
- Mix the flour / salt with the diluted yeast and the remaining water with a spatula. Do not worry if the mixture is slightly liquid.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour 30 minutes under a damp cloth (about 20/25°C).
- Preheat the oven to 240°C by putting boiling water in the baking plate or in a small bowl if you use it to put the bread.
- Shape the baguettes by making incisions with the cutter on the top (used to evacuate the CO2).
- Bake when the oven is hot and cook for 30 minutes.
You will get good traditional baguettes with crusty crust as in France ;-)